Friday, October 8, 2010

Breast Cancer Awareness

Happy Hellos Everyone:

It's me! I haven't fallen off of the earth or anything like that. All I can say is "football." By the time I get home I'm exhausted. I do get a moment every now and I again to surf the net. Well, I was out on SCS a couple of days ago when I discovered a challenge hosted by Lori aka Stamp_Momma. Lorie's challenge was to create a card using the pink and brown with a breast cancer theme. After uploading the card to compete in the challenge, participants are encouraged to send their cards to the address below:

The Department of Volunteer Services – Unit 115
Attn: Maggi Suttles
UT MD Anderson Cancer Center
1515 Holcombe Boulevard
Houston, TX 77030



I really wish you could see this card in person. My camera didn't do the colors in the photo any justice. Just take it from me when I tell you the colors are absolutely beautiful in person. Let me also tell you, this stamp has become one of my favorites from Hero Arts. I never thought it would be used just for the Christmas holidays, but it wasn't until I got it home that I discovered so many more uses for this stamp. All I can say is, 'Just don't be suprise if you see that I have use this stamp on another card any time soon.' I just love it, love it, love it!!! Hope you do too.

Additional information can be found at:  http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/hope-you-can-cling-challenge-forum-f299/hycct02c-bring-brown-t507770.html

Thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon .




9 comments:

nc peach said...

This is my first time posting on your blog Lorie, which means I've been in major lurk mode, lol! However, I had to "come out of hiding" to give you some love on these cards! Beautiful job as always...I love the saying at the bottom of the second one. I know the recipients will really be encouraged by them. Take care!

hunny31 said...

I love these cards!! Which stamp set have you used?

Stacey

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Thanks Stacey!!! The wreath stamp I used is a Hero Art stamp. The wreath can be purchased with or without the accessories (i.e. ribbon, flower, birdie, etc.)

Vera said...

Wonderful card for the Hope You Can Cling To challenge, Lorie!

Rlrice4902 said...

This is a nice card!!!!

nellababe said...

Hiya Lorie!

I am so glad I found your blog site thru SCS, your work is just fabulous! Not to mention your divine cakes, wow, you are blessed in the crafting genes department :o)

Please could you tell me where you got the wording from, did you do it on your computer, and if so, what fonts do you use? I so seriously want to make something sinilar for our Cancer fight here in the UK.

It was going thru the SCS cards dedicated to cancer where I found you - my lucky day I guess!

Kind regards
Helen

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Hey Helen:

I'm so glad to know you like this card. I'm also glad to know SCS is doing what it was ment to do.

I think I mentioned the wreath stamp is from Hero Arts. I apologize for not providing the information regarding the working. The wording in from a stamp set I purchased from Verve Stamping (on-line.) Also, the wording inside the card was computer generated (and there's a stamp out there for this too.) The wording on the inside of the card mention the 10 things cancer cannot do. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanks again, Helen!

Unknown said...

I really like this card.

nellababe said...

Hiya Lorie!

Thanks so much for getting back with the info, and I would love the inside wording :o)

I love SCS!! I nearly always go onto the blog sites where they are provided, my blog favourites button is jammed full of them all :o) I mean, why miss out on a good thing hey? Thanks for sharing your talent with us, we can only drool at times - messy I know!!! Tee hee

I did go onto Hero arts to have a look at the wreath on the same day I spotted your card. At 1st I thought I had the wrong one, then realised you had used it so lightly, great idea, thats what crafters like to do, make one thing spread across many things - must be magic! I will go onto the Verve site and check the wording out, I LOVE them, and you know what they means don't you, will have to get them at some stage... I also see you have a fab blinkie called Tip Junkie, yep, going there as well...

I have been off line for several days, oh my goodness, I am so happpeeeeey to be back on!

Kind regards
Helen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...