Wednesday, June 15, 2011

You Know the Saying....

If you don't succeed, try, try, again. 

And that's why I am back! Yesterday, I challenged myself to complete a couple of challenges. By the time I finished cooking dinner, running errands, and recieving a recap of the day's highlights from my number one son, much of my time had been consumed. By the time I sat down, the premiere of Memphsis Blues was going off and HawthoRNe was airing. So, needless to say cards #2, #3, and #4 were not created. Of course, this evening didn't differed much from last night. Although I made enough dinner to have leftovers, I only created one card. On top of that, the masculine card theme went out of the window and cards #3 and #4 are still waiting to be created. The good news is, I was able to use tonight's card in two seperate challenges. So without futher ado, take a look at the inspiration sketch from Waltzing Mouse and the colors from the Color Throwdown.....




...and this is what I was inspired to create....





This was such a fun card to make. You may noticed from the photo that some of the smaller dollies have a shimmer. If you enlarge the photo, you will see those dollies are covered in clear microbeads--a super medium to work with.

I hope I was able to provide a little inspiration for you. Thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


What's In It?

Cardstock: PTI  Paper
Stamps: Waltzing Mouse: Large Dolly; PTI: Beautiful Blessing Stamp Set
DP: N/A
Ink: Stampin Up Classic Inks
Embellishments: Twine, Recollection Microbeads, Two-sided Adhesive;This & That dimenissonals; Pearls, Spellbinders Nestabilities
Equipment Used: Cuttlebug;  paper cutter; Score Pal

6 comments:

Pauline said...

Lorie, this is so lovely, the golden peachy tones are gorgeous! I love the layered doilies, and the lovely sentiment too. Gorgeous!

Kelly S. said...

Oh those doilies in the microbeads are absolutely stunning, Lorie! I love how you layered the images and used that beautiful label with the sentiment, too! Awesome card for the WMSC this week!

Jen Adcock said...

Wowee! Aren't we lucky that you tried and tried again. This is so beautiful. I really need the mailman to get a wriggle on...yep still waiting inpatiently for my WMS order containing these fab doilies to arrive. I just love how you layered the doilies. All this gorgeous golden glitteriness is just breathtaking.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Excellent card! Love the colors and how you have used them with the images. So Pretty!

Clare said...

wonderful card! thanks for joining us this week at the WMSC! : )

Deborah Frings said...

A very beautiful card - the colours are just fabulous! And I like the beads on the mini doilies! Lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...