Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Weathering the Weather

Happy Hellos Everyone:

Sorry, no card to share with you today.

I'm not sure about you, but the past week has have felt much longer than it actually was. The earthquake kicked things off for me. It was somewhat exciting. Don't misunderstand me. It's not something that has to occur weekly or yearly for that matter. It was something to remember. Then a family member of mine past away and although, he was older, there are some people you expect to be around for much longer than their actual stay. Saturday was something else. My mother has been planning a cookout for my father for weeks. She was hoping the hurricane would come later on Saturday--perhaps into Sunday. I was in a wedding on Saturday that took place at 5 P.M. {just a few hours before Hurricane Irene was scheduled to hit the Maryland area} go figure. Right? By the time I returned home my hair was a frizzball [I know that's not a word], but it was; and the cookout took place Sunday instead of Saturday. Everyone appeared to have had a wonderful time.  Unfortunately, I was not able to craft a thing--not to mention the basement took in water. None of my big things went for a swim, but there's always the clean-up that comes along with a hurricane.

Well, thanks for stopping by. I hope to have more to share with you tomorrow.

2 comments:

NC Peach said...

It has been an interesting week! How often is it for us to have an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week? My condolences to you and your family in the passing of your loved one...As for the clean up, I hope it will go fairly quickly, and you get back into the swing of things soon!

Pauline said...

Oh wow, what a terrible thing to happen! Flooding is never a fun clean up, but thank goodness your crafty stash survived! Take care xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...