Monday, November 26, 2012

Snowman Alert

Happy Hellos Everyone!

It's official! The holiday season is here--cold weather and all. I hope you had the most memorable Thanksgiving holiday with your family and friends. As for me, well, everyone went out of town. The only thing I baked for Thanksgiving was an apple pie and I ate the entire pie [of course not in one setting]. I long for that me time every now and then. I have to admit, my me time was spent very productively.

Friday, Cassandra and I got together to create some Christmas cards. Originally, I suggested our 'Black Friday Crop' should begin at 6 AM; however, that prove to be too early for some. So, the time was move back to 7:30 AM, but I don't think we actually began until 9 AM. Just when I thought I was getting into the grove of things,we decided to make a run to to Cassandra bank that happened to be next door to the LSS. How convenient was that? Right? By the time we returned back to 'Crop Central' we were empowered and  inspired to create and that's just what we did. By the time I was ready to call it quits, it was past 3:30 AM and I was 31 cards knee deep.

I think I had the most fun creating this card. It's a card I CASed, but I managed to dress it up a bit. Snowmen are one of my favorite icons of the season. After you've taken down the lights, the trees, and the greeting of the day is no longer Merry Christmas or Season's Greetings, the snowman remains for a little while longer. Take a look and share your thoughts.


I just love this snowman card and I hope you do too.
It was relatively easy to create and fun too.


I happen to come across the background paper at my LSS. Not sure whether
 or not it is a recent DP since there were only three sheets remaining,
but I thought it worked perfectly with the theme.


With the exception of the base, I created the major
 parts of my snowman using my Silhouette Cameo
 and I embossed him with my CB snowflake folder.


Then I adorned him with a scarf and in with off-white glitter and frosted his
nose and  buttons with Ranger Ink Rock Candy Stickle. I love that stuff.


And there you have a faux aerial shot of a snowman.


As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back again real soon.


9 comments:

Pauline said...

Oh what a fun snowman card! I love the wonderful Texture you created!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving day!

www.creativepointe.blogspot.com said...

This is just super cute! Love the embossing...really makes the snowman. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge!
Cindy
DT Leader

Unknown said...

Wow, I just love that snowman!
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cutting Challenges!
<3 Pam, CCC DT

Grannymama said...

Beautiful card...love the colors.

Thank you for joining us at Creative Cutting challenges

Carolyn
CCC DT

Tina Campbell said...

Cool card the snowman is so cute! I seen this card around to and will have to give it a try. Thanks for joining us at Creative Cutting Challenge

Maja said...

The snowman is so adorable.

Debby said...

Oh my that is one serious crop! And fabulous results - great snowman.Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Unknown said...

Such a fun card. I love the texture on the snow man:) Beautiful card. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

Fabiola said...

hello, you did a great job with this challenge, great création and so beautifull, thanks to play with us at CSAYL this week, hope to see you next time and i wish you a wonderfull holiday season, biz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...