Friday, October 5, 2012

Just A Touch of Romance

Happy Hellos Everyone:

I hope your Friday as gotten off to a fantastic start and I hope your weekend is full of promise and lots of football...GO RAVENS. Today concludes our week-long parade of altered cigar boxes. I'm pretty sure another parade is on the horizon. I hope have enjoyed viewing my boxes as much as I hade fun creating each one. Today's box a just a touch of romance. Take a look...


Forgive me. I cannot remember the name of the DP. I have had the papers for
some time. Of course in my mind, that's a sign that I really like this particular paper.
The flock paper is from a show I attended in King of Prussia a few years ago.
Originally, the color was hot pink. I deepened the hue to coordinate with the DP.

Here you see more of that hot pink I was referring to.
I also distressed the areas where the edges and corners meet.

I adorned the lid of the box with a little bling. I didn't think that
was enough, so I made a nest of pearls from some left over netting.

Here's a closer look. I also pulled out some of my Tim Holtz goodies to create this
'beautiful you' embellishment. I think it turned out pretty good, if I say so myself.

Here's another view.

A view from the inside of the lid of the box.

 ...and of course, my Tim Holtz foundations.


As always, thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.

4 comments:

mea5798 said...

magnificent lorie!!!!

Pauline said...

Sensational Lorie! Love the papers on this beautiful box, and I love your little hand made sentiment charm.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Wow, love all these details, you've really made a piece of art.

many thanks for joining us at 365 Cards.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful project Lorie! Love the fancy fabric flower and the pretty paper you used!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...