Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Cupcake Inspiration Challenge

Happy Hellos All:

I hope your Labor Day weekend was an enjoyable holiday. I had planned not to make any plans. I thought this was a good time to create--NOT. I spent so much time on my computer trying to get my internet working if felt as though the holiday weekend flew right by. I got tired of talking with customer service via the telephone, so I went to one of the local offices. Come to find out, my internet provide service was down in my zip code and probably would not be fixed until after the holiday--Oh no, right. I was so disappointed. Since football season kicked off, I haven't had as much time to make cards.

It wasn't until this afternoon that I finally gave up on the computer thing and decided to make a card for a challenge for Cupcake Inspiration. I finshed the card; however, I was unable to post it. The internet was still down. That is until 10PM--after repeated attemps.

Below is the this week's Cupcake Inspiration photo.....



Below is my interpretation.....



I attempted to use a techique I have seen, but have never used before.  I stamped the image twice and cut out one of the images. Instead of coloring the image, I used Glossy Accents to make it shine. (I don't think it came across in the photo as it does in person.) I cut a small portion from the second image and colored it and topped it all with stickle and layed it over top of the black and white image. I added a strip of ribbon (which is not that blue) and a sentiment to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by the gallery. Come back and visit real soon.

4 comments:

Anita said...

Fun technique, lovely coloring...an all around fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge! :)

Rachel Hope said...

FUN! Love that bicycle! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week!

Lisa said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Ida said...

Very nice. Love the image and that DP is perfect. Thanks for joining the CIC Challenge this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...