Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rainbow Trio

Happy Hump Day All:

Can you believe it? Schools has been in session all of a week, maybe a week and a half and today Kevin recieved his first party invite of the new school year. I think this is the most social generation of children. From September until June there's at least one or two and sometimes possibly three birthday celebrations a month. I think I had one birthday party when I was growing up. I had a birthday party when I turned thirteen years old. My mother made me wear a dress and every thing. All my guest came dressed in their jeans--Mothers. All my other birthdays were celebrated with the family and any of the neighborhood kids within shouting of someone yelling something like, 'birthday cake & ice cream.' My son's eleven years old and this will be his second or third sleepover in a hotel suite. I'm still waiting for my invitation for a birthday sleepover at a hotel. :)

Enough of that....

I have decided to participate in a couple of challenges this week. Yesterday, I participated in the PDCC and the day before that it was the Mojo Monday challenge. Well, today I am sharing a card I made for a challenge over at ScrapMasters. Participants were charge with using the colors just below for inspiration.


And this is what I was able to draw from the colors.....



My card is very simplistic. Which isn't bad because there are times when I simple love the idea of simplicity. Don't you? Let me tell you a little about the card. I embossed my image on water color paper. I applied three different hues of Tim Holtz's distressing inks to the canvas and aggravated the sides of the paper. I sprayed the embossed image with pearlized water to achieve a shimmery effect. I'm not sure if you're able to see what I can from this photo. I embellished the image with a beautiful strip of purple (of course) ribbon.  I did something I had not done before. I applied the inspirational colors to the sentiment to achieve a rainbow effect.



I really liked the finished project. I hope you like it too.
Hopfully, this has been an inspiration to you as much as you are to me.
Thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery.
Come back real soon.

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Gorgeous! Just beautiful!

Linda said...

Hi Lori your card is beautiful. I love simplistic cards with so much punch. Very Beautiful!
I enjoyed reading about you and how you got your name. A peddler can really meet some wonderful people along the way and learn so much. I just retired from peddling reading and writing to 7 year old children. Hee Hee
Stop by my blog sometime.
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com
And thanks for joining us at SPCC this week.
Hugs,
Linda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...