Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year Everyone

Happy New Year Hellos Everyone:

It appears as though so much has happen since my last post. I don’t know where to begin. I wanted to post my first posting on New Year’s Day, but of course—that didn’t happen.  If you’re wondering, wonder no more, I’ll tell you what happen. My computer has been dying a slow death since early last year.  I’m the culprit.  I did it. I sat on it. That reminds me never lay your laptop on your bed. There’s a good chance you’ll forget it’s there.  I cracked the screen. It began oozing this black liquid (I guess) through the cracks over the course of the past nine or ten months—to the point where I only had half of a screen;  three four of the keys stopped functioning; and my USB ports were so bad, the internet worked when it wanted to. I got really creative maneuvering around the laptop until Christmas day. My sister and brother-in-law surprised me with a brand new Dell Laptop. I was stunned. It came just in time too.  It’s beautiful. I’m missing a few programs that I love to work with, but as soon as I locate my software, I’ll really be back in business. That’s not all…. On Christmas morning, my mother informed me, I was no longer allowed to use her camera. Yes, the lovely pictures I post are from using my mother’s Nikon.  My mom is a great amateur photographer. She’s been taking pictures for as long as I can recall. So when she announced I could no longer use her camera, I thought, ‘Great! The gravy train ride has ended.’ I couldn’t be upset. I just did know how I would photograph my cards. That is until she pulled out a Nikon camera and gave it to me.  Once again, this was totally unexpected.  I’m learning how to use it. It’s nothing like the camera I have been shooting with.  Oh, by the way… The camera’s purple too.

There were some other things that have happened over the holiday. Someone tapped into my FaceBook and Ebay accounts via PayPay and had a goodtime on me, my car is in critical condition, but I’m just going to pray over those things.

On with what’s happening in the Gallery…
I thought I start 2011 off with a purple creation. I love the Christmas holidays, but I was so ready to start working on something else. Where any of you feeling this way?
 

Fit For Royalty

Well, what do you think? Did I used enough purple? :)

I used Canford and SU cardstocks. The DP is paper I purchased from a while back. I embossed the crown stamp over at the Queen’s Inks in Savage, Maryland twice to achieve a 3-D effect. The stamp works great for a male or female recipient. To top it off, I added a little bling and embossed one of Hero Arts’ new sentiments from their 2011 collection.

Thanks for visiting The Peddler’s Gallery and come back tomorrow. I’ll have more to share with you.

1 comment:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Lovely 'purple' card! All the embossing really makes it special. It certainly is a 'brand new year' for you! Good luck with all the new devices and don't place your computer on the bed!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...