Friday, January 7, 2011

NEW(S) From the Gallery

Happy Hellos Everyone:

I feel as though I'm behind with the lastest happenings, but I promise to bring you up to speed. So much is about to kick-off here at The Peddler's Gallery. I'm just too excited. To avoid over loading you all at one time, I thought I would share a little bit of news with you over the next couple of days. Before I go any futher, I wanted to share today's card with you.

As you can see, I'm still on the purple tip. I mean, who  isn't? I used much of the same materials as I did in yesterday's post, with the exception of the designer paper. The DP is actually some vellum I picked up months ago and of course my SU (floral) die.


On With the News....

When it comes to Christmas cards, I decided I wanted to do something different at the Gallery this year. Over the holidays, I had an opportunity to read several blogs and the messages that were left at the Gallery. From what I could tell, several of you either send lots of  Christmas cards; sell lots of Christmas cards; and/or want to send more than what you currently send. Some times that becomes very challenging towards the end of the year. There's so much that we're trying to accomplish in such a brief period of time. So, this year I'm starting a monthly challenge at the Gallery. Instead of waiting until July or November to begin making Christmas cards, why not start now! If you would like to participate, read on.....

The Christmas Challenge

Each month you are required to create one Christmas card and duplicate it nine times. Once you have created your Christmas cards, all you have to do is post a photo of your creation onto this blog acknowledging you have completed the challenge by the last day of the month. By November, you should have at least 110 Christmas cards to sell and/or give away.

I know what some of you may be thinking and I'm one step ahead of you. Since Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus, you may subsitutes, five of the ten Christmas cards with birthday cards if you do not require that many Christmas cards. If you plan to subsitute, remember, you must have five duplicated Christmas cards and five duplicated birthday cards. Periodically, there will be a random give-a-way available for one lucky person. If you would like to play along with me in this year's Christmas challenge you can begin by leaving a comment letting all of us know you plan to participate.

Looking forward to your comments and your photos!

Well, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and be sure to stop by tomorrow. I'll have more news to share with you.

3 comments:

Kwanza said...

Hi Lorie. I love the blog. Many blessings to you and may God continue to bless the works of your hands.

Rlrice4902 said...

I love this card. Nice technique. Thumps up Girl! I had to show it to Ike. He loved it. He's barking about it now (smile)

NC Peach said...

Oh boy! I was thinking of challenging myself to do this for 2011, posting it on my blog! I'm really excited about this and look forward to participating!! BTW, Happy New Year!!

PS. Love the purple card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...