Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Card For Him

HappyWednesday Everyone!

I hope you are having a 'Terrific Tuesday.'This evening's goal was to come home and create at least cards #2 and  #3 for this week and begin working on card #4 when the new season of HawthoRNe begins tonight.. I enjoy that show and Drop Dead Diva. Do you remember when nothing good aired during the summer months? Now, in addition to those two, I also look forward to watching Rosalie and Isles too. Do you have a favorite program you like to watch as you create? I know the television is usually playing in the background; however, seldom am I actually watching it.

So, anyway, I need to produce a few masculine cards. Of course Father's Day is just around the corner, but I am also in need of a few cards for some up coming birthdays for a couple of my male friends. The wheels in my head started to churn and the colors craft and blue came to mind. The color white or should I say the lack of color is a given. I came across a challenge or two where the colors I selected would work well.

After reading my friend Pauline's blog, Craft Obsession, I decided to participate in the Ribbon Reel Challenge for the first time. If you're interested, hop on over. It's not too late to play along. Just below is the inspirational photo:



...and this is what I created....



I hope you were inspired by my masculine card. As always, thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


What's In It?

Cardstock: PTI and Bazzill Basic Paper
Stamps: Stampendous: Cling Breathe and MFT
DP: N/A
Ink: Stampin Up and Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Broken China, Antique Linen, and Vintage Photo
Embellishments:  This & That dimenissonals; Netting, Score Pal Tape
Equipment Used: Cuttlebug;  CB embossing plates,  paper cutter; Score Pal

5 comments:

Pauline said...

This is fabulous Lorie, I love the mesh and the sentiment is wonderful! Thanks so much for joining us at The Ribbon Reel this week, and there's a chance for an extra prize if you pop by Keillys blog xx

Sasha said...

Hi Lorie...Love your card, the composition is fab! And the sentiment is lovely, too x

Oscar said...

Wow great card, I love the nautical theme and that netting. Thanks for sharing with us at The Ribbon Reel this week!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Great card and lovely sentiment! Like the colors you have used for this too. As to your questions regarding TV shows, we do not get many where I live as we do not have cable or dish satellite because of weak signals. But enjoy the summer!

Debbie said...

Unique and interesting come to mind when I see your design ... thanks for sharing this with us at TRR :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...