Friday, June 3, 2011

Challenge Me -- WMS

Happy Hellos Everyone:

...and 'Happy Friday' also. Yesterday was such a beautiful day here in Baltimore City and the surrounding area--nothing like earlier this week. Perhaps we'll see a repeat of yesterday's weather conditions.

I held off until today to mention, I was the random winner for a new stamp set over at WMS this past weekend. Boy! I was suprise to discover my name listed in bold letters. WMS is one of a few places I have found where I really feel challenge weekly. There are so many talented women and occassionally men that rise to the challenge weekly and the stamps sets are oh-so-fabulous too. Thanks again Claire.

Today's card is for this week's challenge over at Waltzing Mouse Stamps. I'm so happy to be able to use my new WMS. Perhaps I was so happy to the point I think I went outside of the box on this one; however, stepping outside of the box is not always fround upon. I must admit, today's card is a little whimsical and full of frills and thrills which translates into lots of fun. Just below is WMS sketch....




...and this is my creations...




I'm not sure whether you noticed, but I'm lov'n my new ribbon I picked up in the ATL. As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


What's In It?

Cardstock: PTI
Stamps: Waltzing Mouse Stamps and Mark's Finest Papers
DP: Teresa Collins: Posh Flowers
Ink: Memento & Stamping Up
Embellishments: Spellbiner Nestabilities; Ribbon from the ATL; Liquid Pearls from Ranger Ink; This & That dimenissonals

4 comments:

Kelly S. said...

Okay now I figured out where to comment, hee! Lorie this is like a PARTY on cardstock! I love the pink color and the whole streamer effect is just perfect for a Happy Retirement card. From the looks of this card, I'd come to a party when you are the hostess any ole time!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

I can tell you love your ribbon! :) What a fun retirement card!! My dad's last day is today and then he retires, too! I can totally relate to the special feeling you created with your card!

Kelly Roberts said...

congrats on your win! i love their stamps, too. i don't own any yet but i hope to. oh, and this card is amazing! i love the ribbon. so festive! great job ms. lorie girl! :)

Pauline said...

Hey Lorie, I was so happy for you last week to see you had won the stamps, and I love your card, it's wonderful! I love the ribbon, it reminds me of a 1920's flapper dress! Fabulous colours too, your dad will love this fun card. Congratulations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...