Tuesday, December 13, 2011

T'is the Gift Giving Season....

Happy Hellos Everyone:

I hope all is well with you and yours. Today is the third day of Christmas. What have you recieved from your true love today? I'm not sure about you, but I'm still waiting on the first day's gift.

Today's creation has less of a Christmas theme. Well in actuality, there is no Christmas theme to this paper creation. However, I am planning to give this as a Christmas gift. I was totally shocked when I discovered a close family member showed interest in this altered box. I was visiting one of my favorite LSS. I discovered they had the entire collection of the Graphic45 Wizard of Oz papers in stock and I just had to have them. I haven't completed the project completely, but take a look at what I came up with thus far.


I just love all the colorful characters.

I accentuated the eyes by using a layer of Glossy Accents.

If you take a closer look, you'll see I have used a little Stickle on Dorothy's shoes.

I also added a red Stickled heart to The Tin Man's chest.

I raised Dorothy, Oz, the flying monkeys, the crow, and Glenda--the Good Witch with dimensionals. The Scarecrow, The Tin Man, The Lion, and the Wicked Witch are flush against the box.

 Of course, I had to have purple feet. There's purple DP in this collection. I wasn't sure if this box would be given to a male of female recipient, so I used square feet.

I highlight multiple pairs of the ruby red slippers with red stickles on the insided of the box.

Did you see the other witch's feet peaking out from the corner of the box? Finally, notice the original cigar tape that outlines the box. I like to think this smbolizes the yellow brick road.

Well, what do you think?

I hope you like my altered cigar box. I enjoyed working with The Wizard of Oz theme and I was so delighted to know someone enjoyed this theme as well. As always, thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery and come back tomorrow for our parade of paper creations continues.

What's In It?

Cardstock: N/A
Stamps:N/A
DP: Graphic45
Embellishments: Dimenisonals, COPIC Markers,
Supplies: Glossy Accents, Cigar Box, Stickle, Wooden Blocks, Matte Sheen
Equipment Used: Paper Cutter

1 comment:

NC Peach said...

Really like your detailing with the shoes and the dimensionals! Love what you did with this project and that PP!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...