Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Real Christmas Colors

Happy Hellos --Again:

I know--two post in one day...right. Well, I actually made this card earlier in the month and I suppose I just put it up (right in front of me) and forgot about it. This card was originally made to be a Christmas card; however, as I continued to play with it, the card appeared to be the type of greeting I would send to someone celebrating a December birthday.  It seem so appropriate for the holidays.




At the time I was putting this together, I could not find any Christmas sentiment stamps that would fit the size of my clear Tim Holtz tags. Go figure. So, I grabbed the next best thing. I grabbed one of my sentiment from Verve Stamps--which I absolutely love.



The stripped ribbon came from AC Moores and the particially transparent ribbon was a scrap that was given to me from my LSS a few months ago. Of course I never turned down anything purple. I added a couple threads of burlap and I was done. As for the DP, let me just say, this BoBunny paper was my favorite. I purchased enough to last for quite some time.


With that said, don't be suprise if you see this DP around the holidays:)


4 comments:

Kelly Roberts said...

Hey Lorie! Happy August! This card is so pretty. I like the two types of ribbon together.Great job. Can't believe Christmas is in our view. Year is zooming by.

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Lorie! Love the pretty papers, and the stripy ribbons, a fab card!
I was just thinking of you last night, and had made a note to pop by you blog, I must be psychic! I am on vacation in south of France right now, so hot and sunny! Not what we are used to at all!

Dana said...

Yummy!! I can see why this Bo Bunny is your fav and glad you've gotten a good stash of it! Your ribbons are fabulous! I love how your mixed it up with the grosgrain and sheer.
Hugs~
Dana

Life and Knits said...

Beautiful card.

Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...