Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Seasonal--Altered Cigar Box

Happy Hellos Everyone:
I hope you’re Tuesday is absolutely terrific. As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, have another project to share with you. Last Thursday, my Stampin’ Up order arrived. Yippy!!!! I haven't placed a SU order in like forever. There's just so much competion out there. As soon as I discovered their holiday paper, I had to have it. Actually, after this weekend, I want more. The only reason why I didn’t order two sets of this beautiful paper was merely because it wasn't tanigle to me. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to make. After careful (...and I say careful because I can't run to my LSS to purchase more if needed.) consideration, I opted to alter another cigar box. I think I get a kick out of turning something that would have otherwise been discarded and turning it into a personal treasure.
As you know my son graduated from middle school back in June. Instead of giving the selected faculty and staff something all at once, I decided otherwise. When I give a gift to someone, I want it to suite that individual. Every school normally has a fantastic secretary and I suppose my son’s school is no different. In fact the secretary has purchased several cards from me over the years. Well, I decided to give her an altered box. This way she could have something special to store her [holiday] greeting/note cards before sending them to her family and friends.
I wanted to create a box that was anything, but gaudy or baroque and I think I managed to do so. Take a look....


Isn't this paper simply put....gorgeous?

I love the color brown thrown in the mix of the traditional seasonal colors.

I wanted to leave remeniances of the cigar box, so I left the original red banding.

I wanted to use a different footing beside what I've been using.
I love Tim Holtz foundations, but it's nice to try other embellishments too.
These are dice I brought from one of my favorite LSS.
The  DP is from Authentique's Christmas line.

I can't tell you where the the top embellish came from, but it works for me.

The inside--I just love all the different patterns.

Take a look at the first pattern paper I used.
The translucent paper has been flocked. Since it's translucent, the wood is exposed.
Did I mention I just love this collection of pattern paper? I probably have.

I'm entering my altered box in the:


As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.



4 comments:

Scrappie said...

Looks great!!!

Kisha

mea5798 said...

wowww! the box is absolutely beautiful and the lady who receives your beautifully crafted gift will cherish it!

Pauline said...

Simply gorgeous Lorie! Love this altered box, the pretty papers and the wonderful rosette and dice for little feet!

Kelly Roberts said...

wow, this is a fancy box. i like how you used the patterned papers together and the dice and legs is a cool idea. go girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...