Monday, December 10, 2012

Celebrate the Holidays

Happy Hellos Everyone!

I suppose at this point of the year, I should be greeting all of you with a 'Season's Greetings or perhaps a Happy Holidays'. Tell you what, I work on it.

So, like today's card centers around my sister, Susan and her family. This year she had the bright idea to incorporate a family photo [including the dog, Kema] as a part of her holiday greeting card. No problem. Right? She had a family member to take the picture. Well, several photos were taken. It appeared as though there was something wrong with each photo [i.e. in focus, out of focus, the wrong facial expression, etc.] you name it. Then there was that one photo that was doable. Everyone was looking in the right direction. The camera was in focus. The lighting was right, but then there was Kema. It appeared as though when everyone else was ready, Kema wasn't. She decided to have a grooming moment. I'm not sure exactly what happened. Perhaps something landed on her nose or something may have went up her nose. Whatever the reason, she had to clean her nose. Well, my sister did not care for the photo; however, she was out numbered. Hence, I was able to use it. So, I put a holiday spin on it and this is what I came up with. Take a look....


I used one of Authentique Christmas papers as a background.


I pulled out my Spellbinders to create a hole for my wreath/bulb and lined
 it with red and green buttons and finished off with a coordinating bow. My
 sentiment was computer generated.


I thought it was a nice surprise to discover a family on the inside.


Full View


Here's a close-up of the sentiment and of course Kema grooming herself..


Well, I hope you may have found a little inspiration here. Thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tell you, you just outdo yourself! What a way to flip the script to see family on the inside. (Nice pic of Susie and her family) Have an awesome day...

Linda C-M

NC Peach said...

Lovely card! I agree with Linda--great surprise seeing the family photo inside the card! I think the puppy only added to it! TFS!

Kelly Roberts said...

Wow, whta a cute idea to make a wreath with the buttons. I love the picture inside. Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...