Monday, July 1, 2013

Bring on the Happy

Happy July Everyone:

The month of July was once upon us and now it's here. A part of me feels as though it could be the month of April. April showers does bring May flowers. Although, residents on the East Coast may agree July showers will bring August flowers--perhaps? Regardless, I suppose within the next couple of weeks, I'll begin the task of school shopping. Just the thought of that makes me think that topic is for another time and another post.

Today's card is all about 'Bring On the Happy." I needed to concentrate not only on just birthday cards, but I needed birthday cards for my male recipients.  I loved how todays card turned out and I hope you will too. It has simplicity written all over it. Take a look...


This was such a fun card to create. I think I may have to create a few more.
 As you can see, I used a few scraps and a bit of the daily newspaper.


I cut the card base and an additional panel slightly shorter than the base.
I rounded off the edges and use one of my favorite go-to stamp sets from
 PTI to stamp the sentiment. I love using 'bring on the happy.' Sometimes
 saying, 'Happy Birthday' just seems so over used at times.


 Since this card is intended for a male recipient, I didn't want to over embellish
 it with ribbon/bow or bling. Instead, I tied off a small piece of ribbon and a metal brad.


As always, thanks for stopping by
The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


1 comment:

Scrappie said...

I really love this card. It seems harder to do masculine cards because I have to scale back on all of the pretty embellishments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...