Sunday, January 15, 2017

In Honor of the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus

Happy Hellos Everyone!!!

It has been a long time since the last time I have been on my blog and just as long as it has been since I have had an opportunity to talk with many of you. Well, as the famous line goes....I'M BACK and ready to share with you some of the things I have been working on. Just today, I learned Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus are closing their doors after 146 years of entertaining so many generations. I remember my mom taking my siblings and I every year. In turn, I made it a tradition to take my son to the same circus. I have been told, all good things come to an end. Ironically, I finished a keepsake box with a circus theme recently. Let me know what you think.

It probably will not take long before you figure out I used Graphic45. 
I absolutely love 95% of the papers they produce.

I love the old feel of yesterday's circus.

Did you notice the how the original banding of the 
cigar box blends right into Graphic45 color theme?

This is one of my unique cigar box. Unique in the 
sense it is not very often I come across this style of box.

This cigar box is also unique in the sense it only
 has three sides. So, I created a faux window using plastic. 

Embellishments are nice,
 but I did not want them to over power the box.

This is a snapshot of the lid to the keepsake box.

Lastly, here is a full view of the circus theme
 keepsake box with handmade paper footing.



Thanks for Stopping By The Peddler's Gallery!!!

2 comments:

Kelly Roberts said...

Hey there girl!!!! Welcome back! So happy to see you are still making beautiful things too. This box is so pretty and well done. And a lovely tribute to your childhood circus memories. Awesomeness! :)

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Thanks Kelly! It's good to be back. I know I have been gone foe quiet some time. Can you believe it has taken me this long to find your comment to publish it? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...