Saturday, January 28, 2017

The Ultimate Entertainer

Happy Hellos Everyone:

I hope your weekend has kicked-off to a fantastic start. I'm going to get right into things. I have to admit, I am an entertainer--some might say an ultimate entertainer. I love a reason to come together with family and friends. I love to pullout my favorite dishes, decorations, and of course my recipes. Every now and again, I am able to incorporate some of my keepsake boxes into some of my special occasions. I find that happens often at Christmastime and throughout the year, a box or two will enhance a table centerpiece or the focal room.


Needless to say, I absolutely love this box. One again I reached for my papers
 from Authenique. I can never fail by using their wonderful lines. I created this
 box with three observances in mind....Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.



I am certain, this line has retired. So, unfortunately, I am unable to share with
 you the name. To begin, I dyed this natural wooded cigar box blue.



I distressed the papers and opted to used different coordinating print on each
panel, including this translucent flocked paper [which was not apart of the Authenique collection]..



I adorned the box with metal feet.



To add a little more frill to the occasion, I finished the box off with 
this beautiful trimming.



I went a step further and added for jean pockets to the keepsake box.



This was a technique I learned while traveling with the military. In each pocket
 you discover a set of matching plastic utensils and coordinating bandanna. 
This keepsake box is large enough to hold a set of 12.



Tell me, are you an entertainer too?



Well, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and be sure to come back real soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...