Friday, March 30, 2018

Saying, "Sorry" With a Smile


Happy Hellos Everyone:

I hope your weekend has kicked-off on a fantastic start.

Last year was not a high producing year for me when it came to creating my handcrafted greeting cards. It appeared as though I had more interest in creating my keepsake boxes. Often times the mojo just was not there for producing cards. I'm not sure why. People were still having birthdays, getting married, and celebrating throughout the year, but what a difference a year makes. I have produced over 100 cards since the end of January. All I can say is, "WOW!"

I have totally fallen head over heels for Tim Holtz Oxide Inks and it shows in several of my cards. Today's card is not without exception.



I think I have half of Tim's palette on this 
card. As you can see, I have used an array
of hues on this card. I manipulated the 
various colors apply it with sponge 
applicators and water.



I used one of my wafer dies from Simon Says
and adhered it to a parchment paper die cut 
circle and applied it to the card.



 Prior to applying the oxidize ink, I stamped and embossed a background stamp
 from Simon Says.


I embossed the sentiment in gold.


I also applied a thin layer of fun foam in between the front and the card base.


Thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back again real soon.


3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Hello Lorie - it was such a pleasure seeing you back and posting again - welcome back. You have some lovely work on your blog - thanks for sharing and don't be a stranger

Lorie a.k.a.The Peddler said...

Thanks Beebeebabs and I won't.

Papercrafting Princess said...

WOW love this technique! Great to see you back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...