Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Play Date Cafe Challenge

Hi Everyone:

I know I have said this before, but what a weekend. It went way too fast. The same old thing--lots of things to do and not enough time to do it in. There were so many events taking place in Baltimore City this weekend, several of which I wanted to participate in, yet could not. There was not enough time to do so because of all the family activities/obligations I was already committed to.

Did anyone hear? Summer camp officially began yesterday in (in my world). YepPppPppPppeEeeEeeEee!!! You know you know your child is attending a good summer camp with lots of activities when he/she falls asleep on the way home from camp. I'm lov'n it!!!

This week I decided to participate in the Play Date Cafe Challenge for the first time. Immediatedly, I was stumped. Just the thought of participating in a challenge causes a creative block for me. Below is my submission. Please leave me a note and let me know what you think.




For those of you that may not be familar, my butterfly is made from various shades of blue glitters thats been applied to a transparency, cut out, and accented with tiny pearls and black wire. Just below is a closeup shot.



Thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery.
Come back real soon.

6 comments:

Ruby said...

You may have had a mental block but you smashed this challenge!! Your card is GORGEOUS! Love the little pearl detail and the black wire! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Alice Regan said...

Wish I could have mental blocks like this one! Your card is stunning! This is my first PDCC and I'm definitely getting some big time inspiration!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning, beautiful use of glitter on your butterfly. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Suzanne C said...

Well that is a stunning butterfly and gorgeous card. Thanks for playing along with us at PDCC.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, Lorie! The butterfly is just stunning with fab details! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Julie Ranae said...

For being stumped, you sure made it work! How creative and LOVE your use of glitter (stop by Julie's Open Window and have a look at my post Where's Bloggers Create and you will see why!)

Lovely job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...