Friday, July 9, 2010

For Her 50th Birthday

Hello Good People:

Its been a while since my last post. Actually, it feels like its been forever. I returned from Montreal a couple of days ago. I was ready--pumped up--and inspired to begin making cards using my new goodies I purchased at Scrapbook Centrale. That's understandable. Right??? So, I thought too. Then the Baltimore heatwave knocked me off my feet and just like ice, I was frozen. I couldn't do anything. I couldn't make a card because I couldn't think of anything, but the heat. I was able to visit several blogs. Boy, did I learn alot and when I wasn't learning, I was inspired. So thank you, thank you, thank you to my fellow bloggers. I'll have to share my challenge cards with you later on this evening; however,  I wanted to share a card I made for a lady that will celebrate her 50th birthday this weekend. Hope you like it.




I like the idea of the number 50 being translucent-there, but not there. Originally Prima flowers were an off-white. I colored them with two shades of blue using my COPICS and two different shade of blue glitter from MS. I also embossed the background cardstock with a floral scene. 
I only wish you could see it in person



The insert reads: But there's something about the one we call 50 that feels extra-special...
Thanks for stopping by the Peddler's Gallery.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...