Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Stamping Boutique + Edna = My Tulip Fairy Card

Happy Hellos Eveveryone:

While on my self-imposed hiatus, I took time to peruse a few of your sites especially some of my favorite sites. You know, the ones that really inspire to create and/or purchase an item you didn't think you needed until you saw it on your favorite site. Well, that's what happened about a week ago. I was visiting Edna down under at Stamp Paper Happiness. She is such an inspiration to me. I absolutely love, love, love her work. She created this wonderful card using a stamp image, Tulip Fairy from The Stamping Boutique. OMG! Immediately, I knew I wanted this image. The odd thing about it is, I'm not big on fairies. I was tempted to purchase the digital image because, I just didn't want to wait, but I held out. Instead, I decided to order the rubber stamp. I'm so glad I did. It was the good [cling] rubber. That very same evening it arrived, I decided to try it out. I think I was too excited because it just didn't come out like I wanted it to. The next evening, I tried my hand at it again and this time the colored image came out the way I had hope. Since then, I have reproduced this image again and I must say, I was very pleased.  The second image looked much better than the first. To my misfortune, I forgot to take a picture and now it's gone. So, I'm sharing the first image with you instead. Take a look....




 

Well, a big thanks to Edna for sharing and
 thank you for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery. Come back real soon.

What's In It?
Cardstock: Papertrey
Stamps:The Stamping Boutique & Waltzing Mouse Stamps
DP: Basic Gray
Ink: Memento and Copic Markers
Embellishments: Button; Metalic Studs; glitter; Ribbon 
Equipment Used: Paper Cutter, CuttleBug, Sizzix Die

3 comments:

Trina said...

What a sweet card! I love the paper!

Pauline said...

Oh yes Lorie, I cas see why you just had to have this image, its beautiful! Love your colouring on this little sweetie, and the raffia style ribbon is a wonderful contrast. Gorgeous card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Hi Lorie, firstly sorry it has taken me so long to get to this.... I have been swamped and forward posting is the only reason there has been anything from me of late!!! Was worth the wait though... this is lovely!! Great job, especially given this is not your normal choice of stamp, well done an thanks so much for the SING out, I really appreciate your comments and visits!! I look forward to your next creation with this little beauty, and you may have just motivated to get mine out again!! Hugs to you girl and keep up the fab card making!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...