Thursday, August 19, 2010

Butterfly Wings

Good Afternoon:

Thanks for not only popping in, but here's a big THANK YOUs for leaving all the wonderful comments that you do. Your thoughts are so inspirational to a novice such as myself. It's like Christmas when I discover you have left a message for me. I don't know about you, but happy mail beats bill mail any day of the week. Your thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated. 

 Let me just say, 'This is not a challenge card. I repeat this is not a challenge card.'  :) This is strickly a card CAS card I put together after I posted last night. I thought about putting aside some of the challenges I participate in weekly, so I might create cards without limitations. At least that's what I am thinking at this moment. :) Besides, there are a few other cards I would like to recreate (or at least something close to it) to send to family and friends. I like when I am able to go into my little box of cards and pull out one at any given time to mail to a friend or family member in a timely manner.

This stamp is just one of the beautiful big, bold, fresh stamps I purchased at the CK Convention in King of Prussia, Pennsylvannia. I set my sewing machine aside and opted for my dryer so,  I could do some embossing. I embossed  the image onto black cardstock. Then I embossed the image a second time. This time I embosed the image on white paper and cut out the butterflies and a leaf. I used COPIC markers to fill-in the images and dimensionals to give the illusion the butterflies were just landing or were in flight. I embellished the rest of the card with ribbon, pearls, and a splash of Smoochies.  I suprised myself in regards to the amount of time it took to make this card. I'm happy how the card turned out and I hope you like it too.

Before I wrap up, I would like to welcome Da Shawnna. She is the newest Follower (#21) here at the gallery. As a follower, your comments, suggestions, and ideas are always appreciated.

Thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery.

2 comments:

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Gorgeous! I love the embossing on those butterflies! So pretty. Have a great weekend!

Pamela Levingston said...

I love it. Your coloring is fabulous and this card just pops.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...