Friday, August 27, 2010

My Order Arrived

T.G.I.F. Blog Family:

My Stampin' Up order arrived a few days prior! Thanks Nanc. :) I was so  happy to learn my order had arrived and although my mojo was not up to the standard I would have liked, I pressed on until I came up with a card.  I wanted to share with you a card I sent to a special young lady that just started her first semester at th University of Philadelphia. A gift card was enclosed too. You know, it's always nice to recieve a card--especially a handmade card, but as a college student living in a dormitory, well,  it's even nicer to recieve an unexpected card with a gift card included.

I also made a couple other cards using the same sketch. I tried to make them look a little different by using different ribbon. I could change the buttons because I just love the buttons in this shade of blue. I purchased the buttons from Clear Stamps. Shhhhhhh don't tell anyone, but I purchased them in green, orange, brown, and of course purple too at the CK Convention. I'm not sure whether you noticed; however, the two designer papers I used are layered. I also scalloped the top designer paper by cutting along side the pattern. I embossed the solid blue background paper with a Cuttlebug template and sponged over the embossed image with Stampin Up's Midnight Blue. Stamping over the embossed paper enriched the original color of the cardstock 10x over. If you get a chance, try it. I added a sentiment, ribbon treatment, and a button and I was done. Well, almost done. As you can see, I made two more coordinating cards. I hope your weekend has pleasant suprises instore for you. Thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...