Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Invitation to Dinner

Happy Hellos Everyone:


I'm extending an invitation to dinner to you. I hope you will be able to attend. No, I'm just kidding :) Oh, how I would love to take all of my family, friends and crafting buddies out to dinner. Perhaps one of you at a time--that way I won't break my piggy bank.


Today's entry is all about the challenge over at the Play Date Cafe & Cupcake Inspiration. Of all the places were I participate in weekly challenges, I think they are my favorite. I love the fact I am able to use my stamps and design teams challenges me to use colors I may not ordinarily use together. I was just as happy to discover I had the colors needed to play along. Has that ever happened to you?


I think it's funny how this week's color palate  at PDCC was inspired by an Italian photo. Well, that's not the funny part. The funny part is I took the colors inspired by the Italian photo and ran away with it--all the way to The Orient.  Go figure.


Well, to your right is the photo provided for the PDCC and to the left is the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge. Pretty nice. A little further down is my interpretation of the colors participants had to create from.




Well, what do you think? Your comments are always welcome and greatly appreciated.


If you're wondering about the wording--it's computer generated; squares were cut and embossed using Nestabilities; the cardstock is SU and designer papers are from Best Creations (top paper) & Frances Myers (bottom papers);  and the chopsticks (I had to cut the chopsticks to fit the card.) were dressed in designer paper and topped off with ribbon. As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery.

5 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a wonderful dinner invite! The added chopsitcks are a great accent! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

What a great invite! Love the additional chopsticks! I'd love to get invitations like that, mine are usually by e-mail! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the PDCC! :o)

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful invitation. Love all the texture and the ripped center. Glad you joined us at the PDCC this week.

Pauline said...

Oh Lorie this is just fab, and your chopsticks look like Twiglets, (a savoury chip type snack we have here in the uk!) Love the asian text background.

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...