Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Lavendar & Chocolates

Happy Hump Day Everyone:

I know I mentioned just a couple of post ago I was going to relax on some of the challenges, but what can I say. I was pleasantly suprised when I discovered this week's color combination over at Cupcake Inspiration is purple and brown. Of course, I immediately thought lavendar and chocolates. What a wonderful combination. I love the scent of lavendar and although I am not a fan of chocolate, I do love to bake with it. I hope that doesn't sound too strange.

This card has a little bit of everything going on with it. I used my Nesties--of course; the Cuttlebug to emboss the background and to cut out the stem to form the flower; a Stampin' Up hold punch  and a few pearls to create the flower bud; I used my COPICS markers for a little airbrushing; and of course a (sentiment) stamp. Once again, I used my latest fun technique.  I sponged Memento, Rich Cocoa over brown card stock to achieve a richer shade of brown. Once again, it worked.


Below is the inspiration photo that was provided...


Don't you just love it? I know I do.


...and this is my interpretation....



Thanks for taking time to visit The Peddler's Gallery
and as always, your comments are always appreciated.
Peace & Blessing to each one of you,

5 comments:

Anita said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous...love that flower! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! :)

Rachel Hope said...

WOW, So pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Beautiful! Love the richness of the embossing highlighted by your adding more yummy chocolate colors to the brown cardstock. I LOVE chocolate.

Ida said...

How lovely. The flower is divine. Thanks for playing along with the Cupcake Inspiration Challenge this week.

Luana said...

Hey....I've been wanting to try shaped cards but feared the outcome. That is very pretty. TFS.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...