Saturday, November 17, 2012

Christmas Melody

Happy Hellos Everyone:

Do you hear what I here? It sounds as though Christmas is in the air. Not to worry. I haven't forgotten about the big turkey day...Thanksgiving. From as far as I can see, that day promises to be filled with all kinds of things to do. Today, I returned from participating in a  holiday craft show at the Historic Oakland Manor in Columbia, Maryland. So, I suppose for the moment, I am hearing the bells of Christmas ringing in my ears. I met a lot of people, sold several cards and other items too. Needless to say, I need to return to the craft room right away. Overall, it wasn't a bad day.

Before I go any further, let me just give a shout out to BoBunny. I absolutely love their papers; however, I have to admit I have not been able to get myself wrapped up in this year's Christmas line. If you were to ask me why, I would tell you so. I would tell you the reason I am unable to wrap myself in this year's Christmas line is simple. I am still wrapped up in last year's line. Take a look and perhaps you'll see why.


Let me just begin by acknowledging , I love this rich color combination.


 When it comes to the DPs, this holiday BoBunny meets holiday 
Authentique--a perfect combination. Here, I got to pull 
out my pine cone die from PTI and my ribbon from Montreal.


Here, I switched it up. I opted for the brown card stock and snowflakes.
 I ran out of the solid ribbon from Montreal and decided to use another ribbon
 I purchase in Canada instead. Either way, I received the same wonderful results.


The one thing that surprised me was using Color Box pigment ink on my
 PTI sentiment stamps. Whenever I pulled them out to play, the first thing
 that comes to mind is using the embossing technique. Right??? I used a
 metallic platinum color and allowed it to air dry. It looks so wonderful on
 these dark hues. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you do. 


Front


As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


1 comment:

CraftySue52 said...

Beautiful cards...I just love your work Lorie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...