Wednesday, November 14, 2012

White Christmas Door Hanger

Happy Hellos Everyone [Again]!!!

I promised myself I would not overload my blogging family with lots of post today. However, as I previously mentioned I had an opportunity to craft this weekend and that is what I did. It's been a minute (okay just last week, but it feels as though it could have been long) since I shared a door hanger with you. Well, wait no longer. I have titled this one, 'White Christmas'. Photographing this door hanger was a challenge. Normally, I use a white background and the white background wasn't working for me. So, to make the door hanger pop, I opted to hang it on a dark lamp shade. I really like how this turned out. Take a look...


I used the same material to create the hanger--cardboard.
When possible just ask your LSS.


I pulled out some of my Tim Holtz (fence & snowman die), Memory Box (window)
and PTI (sentiment stamp) goodies and commence to having a good old time.
 Authentiques DP went well with this arrangement. The pattern paper looks
 like something befitting for a dinning room wall.


To embellished the door hanger, I added a little lace at the top of the window to
 create a curtain affect and made a winter flower arrangement at the base of the
window pane. After painting the snowman's stick-like arms and nose, I glossed them
over with a thin layer of Glossy Accents to make them appear as if his arms had
been iced over. I topped the snowman off with a glittery top hat and a fashionable scarf.


Full View

SIDE NOTE: I thought a nice presentation for this door hanger would be to hang it on a bottle of wine. What do you think? As always, thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon--like tomorrow.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...