Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My BoBunny [Inspired] Door Hanger

Happy Hellos Everyone!!!

It's 'Hump Day' and all is well. I hope you're able to say the same, where ever you are. Today, I wanted to share with you my latest door hanger. You know I had a lot of fun creating this one. Purple and lime green are my favorite combinations. I'm not sure whether or not you remember this DP from BoBunny, but it was one of my favorites two years ago. I purchase so much of it to ensure I would run out of it any time in the near future. You may even remember receiving this card in the mail back in 2010. Well, without further ado, take a gander...

I cut some cardboard to an appropriate side and cut of the top edges
and covered both sides with this wonderful BoBunny DP. I finished off all
 of the with white acyclic paint. As you can see just above the chimney I
stamped a holiday sentiment from Heroes Arts and just above that sentiment
 I used a sentiment from PTI to create a small embellishment.


I pulled out two of my Tim Holtz's dies--rickety house
 & the fence. I took the same acrylic paint to create a
 brick house effect. I just love this rickety purple house.
Well, it just wouldn't be Christmas without a tree, so I
created a 3-dimensional tree using a Heroes Art stamp set.  


I wanted to do something different with the handle
so, I tied off the ribbon in a unique way.


By the way, I piped a little netting in the chimney to create a faux smoke stack. 


Here is a view of the back of the door hanger and if you take a look in the far
 bottom right hand corner, you can see where I have stamped my little creation.


Full View


As always, thanks for stopping by The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.


5 comments:

Trina said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors!

Pauline said...

This is gorgeous Lorie! I love the purple and Lime green, and the pop of turquoise looks wonderful!

Steph said...

Gorgeous colours! Thanks so much for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Helen said...

This is gorgeous!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Carissa said...

Beautiful colous. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
Carissa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...