Friday, November 9, 2012

Oh Christmas Tree

Happy Hellos Everyone!!!

Thank God it's Friday! Right. I not sure about you, but Friday feels as though it has been a long time coming. I really look forward to the weekends especially the extended ones. Like many of you, this time of year is a  busy time of year for me,so I try to take advantage of those days away from the office. So, some PTI goodness arrived just in time as I am deep into making Christmas cards for a few local holiday craft events. Today's card is all about simplicity and clean lines--over the top it isn't. Although there only four cards photographed, I specifically made this style of card to be sold as a set of six. Take a look...

Okay, I know what you may be thinking, 'Another purple
 and lime green project.' Well, purple and lime green are
 traditional Christmas colors--for me :)


I pulled out my PTI goodies--snow slope and tree die to create this 4x4 card.


Each tree is embossed with Colorbox Platinum pigment ink. I must say I was
encouraged to do some embossing after seeing so many beautiful cards my
  blogging friend Pauline has created of late. Thanks for the inspiration Pauline. 


The star atop of the tree was dipped into clear micro beads.
I'm not fond of this photograph, but I love how the star turned out.


I adorned the tree with a little bulb bling.


I finished the card by embossing the sentiment and highlighting the
 die cuts with Stickle by Ranger Ink to accent the variation of the snow slopes.

As always, thanks for visiting The Peddler's Gallery and come back real soon.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...